Re: divers / miscellaneous

    It also interests me, because I found out that Tovey has composed
    a continuation of the unfinished 3-subject fugue in AoF, I wonder
    whether the book contains this music, too. Or maybe a reference...

I read (or tried to) the Tovey book (got it through interlibrary loan!).
It was basically totally lost on me, I don't have enough background to
understand all the technical-musical points he was making.

One thing I remember is his suggesting using the slow movements in the d
minor toccata as preludes for the kdf fugues :).  I'm sure it was a
respectable and serious suggestion, Tovey seems like about the heaviest
weight there is, but ... I'm glad I've never found a recording that took
him up on it, even GG steered clear :).  (I love the d minor toccata,
and I love the art of fugue, but I'd just as soon never put them
together.)

Anyway, I don't remember the actual music for Tovey's completion of the
unfinished fugue being in the book, but it may well have had a reference.
(Lots of people have composed completions, maybe there's a collection
somewhere.)