Screamin' Jay Rises (Guiltlessly) Again

Bob wrote:

>PS ... I would feel guilty about bringing in a non- or extra-classical
artist
>into this thread, but just recently we had a long thread about Screamin
Jay
>Hawkins, and I didn't start it.

I could have sworn you introduced it first. No matter: Bob is the only
person on the list (not Mary Jo, not Bradley, not anyone, certainly not
I) who is allowed to get away with posting a message about a musician
whose relation to Gould is less than zero (unless I'm missing something
about Gould and voodooism) and without referring to a topic even
remotely connected to any matters Gouldian. Why? Because he's Elmer
Elevator. ;-) (First and probably last time I've resorted to an
emoticon.)

Now, to justify my existence, my non-gratuitous Gouldian insert in
response to Bob's interesting thread on Bernard Herrmann: in one
interview GG made a dismissive remark about Hitchcock soundtracks,
although not of a score for any one particular film (oops, movie).

Birgitte