Gouldian conductors?

Dear fellow f-minoreans,

Having been a lurker all this while, I feel it's perhaps time I came
out and made a little contribution to the list, from which I've
derived so much pleasure reading.

I recently listened to the "GG plays/conducts Wagner" CD from our
public library.  A chord was struck in my heart by GG's own (albeit
half-serious) comment (to Vladimir Golschmann): "My retirement after a
successful career of one concert will, I am sure, be an irreparable
loss in the music world."  With his analytical mind and daring
approach, his meticulous care to contrapuntal details and grasp of
form, he's indeed got what it takes to be an outstanding and very
individual conductor.

I often borrow music scores from the library to read along while
listening to records, because I find a visual aid sometimes necessary
for an appreciation of all the simultaneous instrumental lines,
especially in late-romantic orchestral music.  Some conductors seem to
prefer a "glorious mud of sound".  I wonder if there are any
conductors, present or past, who could be called "Gouldian" in this
sense, who take great pains to bring an "x-ray" transparency to a
score, who dare to defy conventions just to be true to their artistic
visions, or who are simply known admirers of GG?  Any particular
performances, on record or live?

Regards,
Cliff