Re: hanging with the Art of Fugue (was "portrait in Great Pianists")

> Bradley Lehman writes:
> > All of Keith's harpsichords that I've encountered have been tonally
> excellent.
>
> and Jim Morrison wrote:
> "The version Listened to was Robert Hill's exceptional Hanssler edition
> recording."
>

> And then Mike wrote: I can vouch for Keith's harpsichords, the tone is
wonderful.  Speaking of
> Robert Hill, highly recommended is his live Goldbergs on Keith's
> harpsichord.  Great performance and audio.

I should add for all those who haven't seen Hill's Hanssler CD, that he
doesn't play all the pieces by himself.
The inversion contrapuncti are played by he and Michael Behringer, who also
uses a Keith Hill harpsichord.  Any idea why they used two harpsichords for
those pieces? I thought all but one note of the Art of Fugue could be played
with two hands.  Not that I'm objecting.  The result sounds nice and full
but not cluttered like some of the concerti for two or more harpsichords can
sound.

Bye

Jim