Re: Gould from the Chronicle of Higher Ed

> In the conclusion of that article, he makes an intersting comparison to a
> pianist I've just discovered and am much impressed with:  Rachmaninoff.
> "Only Rachmaninoff, I think, had that special combination of lean
> intelligence, magnificent dash, and perfectly economical line that Gould
> produced in everything he played.  Technique in the service of an inquiring
> understanding, complexity resolved without being domesticated, wit relieved
> of philosophical baggage: Glenn Gould plays the piano."

agreed.

Did glenn gould compose music? This post reminded me of recordings
like "Rachmaninov plays Rachmaninov".  Is there any "Glenn Gould plays
Glenn Gould"? Rachmaninov was one of those rare musicians who could
1) play what he wrote, 2) play music other than his own, 3) be an
immortal. amazing. Another composer who I feel is much like Rachmaninov,
in that he plays his own compositions while maintaining world-renown
concert pianism, is Evgeny Kissin. I would expect that at
some point in Gould's life he composed some little preludes or
something. Any records of this?

Pooya