Re: richter: off topic

From: Jim Morrison <jim_morrison@SPRYNET.COM>

> Hi Eileen,
>
> Enjoy the Richter video, and be patient with it.  The pace of the film is
> more like one of Ricther's Schubert sonatas rather than his Rachmaninov
or
> Chopin.  The pace of the film announces itself from the very beginning,
> which opens with an excerpt for a slow movement of one of Schubert's
> sonatas.  The G Major one I think.

I'll get that one the next time I get one of those coupons or discounts. I
should've bought it with my Christmas gift certificate. Instead of buying a
book that I didn't get around to reading.

> Let me know what you think of Gould's voice in the film.  It sounds
> overdubbed to me, as in, someone other than Gould is speaking those
words.

> I assume Bruno Mosaingeon is still alive.

He was at the Gathering in September 1999.

> This video on Ricther was made just a few years ago.  I did few
> internet searches on him and came up with practically nothing
> except for the tapes for sale.  I know he wrote and edited a
> few books on Gould in French, but the French amazon site doesn't
> list them for sale.  Odd.

I got 502 hits by searching on Google, although most of them might simply
mention the Gould and Richter fillums. Some in French, too. (If you use the
new advanced capabilities of Google, you can really go to town by excluding
certain terms, and even excluding web sites.)

Uhm, the techie editor must ask... Did you spell it as "Bruno Monsaingeon"?
Because when I entered that at French Amazon, I found "Non, je ne suis pas
du tout un excentrique" for sale. (Love that title!) Plus "Ecrits de Glenn
Gould."

Anyway, the French Amazon (which sounds like a really tall woman from Paris
<g>) is fairly new, so it's possible their search engine was lagging.

Anne M. Marble
amarble@sff.net