Gould Variations

Well Fminors,

Just call me a sucker.

The video/CDROM aspect of the Gould Variations is nothing to get excited
about or to buy.

The five short, and I mean at most two minutes each, video clips are all
taken from the video series: Gould either playing or talking about playing
the Art of Fugue on piano.

A few oddities in the CD ROM are the artist job sheets, picture of the
original cover, and the capability to follow the score for the nine fugues
on
organ.

One disc is 79 minutes long  (about as full as a CD can get, though the
record length for any CD I own is the just today acquired disc one of
Cortot's first edition of the
Great Pianists series which comes in at 80:59 and covers the Chopin opus 10
and 25 Etudes.)

 The other CDROM disc also contains the 30 minutes it takes for Gould to
play the nine fugues on the organ.

Interactive this CDROM is not.

Another cheap product from greedy Sony.

Save your money.  Avoid this CD.

Man, why don't they give us a break and release some more Gould recordings
they have in the vault?  How about re-issuing the Salzburg recital, which
I'm still waiting to hear about from the import company I ordered it from?

And for all you Schepkin fans (I know there's at least one) the Boston Globe
is allowing in September free downloads of their archives dating back to
1979 and there
are quite a few reviews of him in there, which is understandable since he's
lived in the area for a while.

Bye for now,

Jim