Re: Mozart's 24th Piano Concerto

I have a question that's going to show off how little I know about the
history of music.

Was Mozart's music performed by other musicians under other directors in his
own time?  When he didn't bother to write out all the parts for the left
hand, say, did he really expect other pianists to complete the score with
significant additions when they performed it, or was the lack of
completeness merely for his own benefit, a  type of shorthand for himself,
as in "why bother to write all this stuff down when I'm the only person
who's going to be performing them and I know how the play the concerto
already?"

In more general terms, how prevalent was the practice of performing other
composers works during Mozart's time?

Thanks,

Jim