Re: Gould's nightmare

From: Jacqueline P. Colombier <jpc171@HOTMAIL.COM>
<snip>
> Of course, I also go to the GG Archive. Among other things I found Angela
> Addison's paper "The Ultimate soloist" where she reports Gould's
> nightmare saying he made a documentary film with it in 1959.
> It was the first time I heard about that but could find no further
> indication to get it as a video or CD = does anybody know if
> it is available?

Is this the nightmare where he looks outside his window, and sees nothing
but grey rocks where the lake should be?

I think this is referring to the fillum, uh, film, "Glenn Gould: Two
Portraits." During the interview portion of this documentary, GG mentions
his nightmare.

The documentary also includes scenes of GG recording the Italian Concerto,
plus GG at the cabin in Uptergrove. Fascinating format. (As well as a
fascinating subject, of course.)

You can read more about the video here:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/6304359950/qid=967214867/sr=1-23/102
-1896507-6833749