Help with story about GG.

Dear list,
       I have had ENORMOUS trouble finding the source for a
particular story I heard about Glen(n) Gould that I am sure I read
somewhere in the many biographies.  In it, Gould annoys a conductor
during the rehearsal of a concerto by dancing during the exposition
(when he is not playing).  Then, immediately before his entrance he
slides into his seat, just in time to play.  (I believe that this
story is in conjunction with the previous annoyance of the conductor
in that he adjusted his seat for a long time before the rehearsal
could begin).

       In particular, I need a citation for this story in any of the
biographical literature.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I thank you all very much in advance,
Nemesio Valle, III
--
Nemesio Valle, III
University of Pittsburgh

New Address:    225 South Linden Ave
               Pittsburgh, PA 15208
New Phone:      412-361-5875

Email: nevst3@pitt.edu

"The purpose of art is not the release of a momentary ejection of
adrenaline but is, rather, the gradual, lifelong construction of a
state of wonder and serenity."
               Glenn Gould