great pianists

hi fminor,

anyone interested in talking about the Great Pianist Double set put out a
while ago.

I just got my copy (used at tower again, for 14 dollars)

No bach, beethoven or schoenberg,

very strange

though included is all the byrd/gibbons,

berg sonata

prokofiev 7th sonata

strauss five pieces

three by Scarlatti (how they record industry loves to push those upon us)

Mozart Fantasia and fugue k 394 (the vacuum cleaner fugue!!)

Bizet variations

and 2 Morceaux from Scriabin,

a pretty good collection if you ask me,

if they'd put out another set of all bach beethoven and schoenberg I
wouldn't be complaining.

Liner notes are pretty good (I'll send quotes later, they're worth
circulating)

and also there's a great picture of Gould laying on a sofa that has one of
those transparent plastic protectors on it.

by the way, I've bought a few of these great pianists discs and so far I've
been pleased with them, esp at the tower discount price of 14 bucks for used
ones.

They have a double disc sampler set for 10 bucks (for which Sony would not
authorize any gould recordings, odd.)

bye

jim