bwv 1060

Wow,

Bradley was right,

This Casals/Tabutea/Stern version of bwv 1060 oboe and violin concerto is
deeply moving.

I don't know whose idea it was to play the music at this slow a tempo, but
it made for a great speed for which Tabutea and Stern to work their magic.

I think Gould would be proud of such a pace.  The faster tempo versions I've
heard add a sense of "busyness" to the violin and oboe lines that work
against the drama of the lines.

Listen to a version for two harpsichords for a very different interpretation
of the piece.

Great recommendation Bradley.

Bye,

Jim