landowska

Hi Fminor

Someone off list recently wrote to me saying that one of the special things
about Landowska's playing is that there's "never a dull moment" in it.  And
from what I can tell, that's true.  She sure does grap your attention and
say, "Listen to this music that I love.  I can't wait to show it to you."  A
bit like early Gould that way.

And there is something special about that.
And I'll have to give her and her Pleyel a more charitable hearing.

I didn't know that her huge harpsichord had to be miked very closely because
the volume was so low on the thing.  You think they would have put a knob on
the thing to let her control that feature.

Good night

Jim