lapatti

> > >  When Alan Caro was living in London, he heard a 1950 recording of the
> > > pianist Dinu Lipatti playing Mozart's Piano Sonata K310 and was bowled
> >over.

bradley wrote and John Burke soon agreed

> And a lovely record it is, too.  So is the other side, Bach transcriptions
> and the Partita #1.  When I was a teenager our public library had some
book
> about the basic classical record library, and it had interviews with
> various musicians.  Somebody said that that one LP by Lipatti is the very
> best introduction to classical music that anyone could ever have.  (i.e.,
> If a person doesn't like that record, they're probably hopeless with
regard
> to classical music.)  I bought it.  They were right.

i've been listening to some audio samples and they sound wonderful.

Looks like I'll be placeing another order in soon.

here's the track listing and the CD is inexpensive, 10-12 dollars, depending
on where you shop.

Bye

Jim

Great Recordings Of The Century - Dinu Lipatti

 List Price: $11.97
Our Price: $11.49
You Save: $0.48 (4%)

Availability: This title usually ships within 2-3 days.

Composer: Johann Sebastian Bach, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, et al.
Performer: Dinu Lipatti
Emd/Emi Classics - #67003 / May 4, 1999

Audio CD / Number of Discs: 1

1. Partita No.1 in B flat, BWV 825: Prld
2. Partita No.1 in B flat, BWV 825: Allemande
3. Partita No.1 in B flat, BWV 825: Courante
4. Partita No.1 in B flat, BWV 825: Sarabande
5. Partita No.1 in B flat, BWV 825: Menuets I & II
6. Partita No.1 in B flat, BWV 825: Gigue
7. Chorale Prld, BWV 599: 'Nun Komm', Der Heiden Heiland'
8. Chorale Prld, BWV 639: 'Ich Ruf Zu Dir, Her Jesu Christ'
9. Cant, BWV 147: Choral: 'Jesu Bleibet Meine Freude'
10. Son No.2 in E flat, BWV 1031: II. Siciliano
11. Son in E, Kk.380
12. Son in d, Kk.p 'Pastorale'
13. Son No.8 in a, K.310: I. Allegro Maestoso
14. Son No.8 in a, K.310: II. Andante Cantabile Con Espressione
15. Son No.8 in a, K.310: III. Presto
16. Impromptu No.3 in G flat, D.899
17. Impromptu No.2 in E flat, D.899