Re: Hewitt's live goldbergs

On Sat, 29 Jul 2000 07:44:43 -0700, you wrote:

>Intensely so. Really brought me to tears. Perhaps this is
>what Jim meant by 'Gould brought back as a woman.'

Anyone heard Joanna MacGregor play Bach. She was on TV last night during an
interval broadcast (B minor mass from the Proms). I was astonished that she sat
Goul- like at the piano, nose to the keyboard and played that fast bflat prelude
(..the one with the nifty base line and 3 out of 4 demi-semi quavers in the
right hand) at GG tempo and with the same articulation. The fugue was much in
the same vein too.