Re: French Suites/CD 318

http://www.gould.nlc-bnc.ca/ggdocuments-bin/resultsum/l=0/r=0/f=AL/t=CD+318/
> m=0/e=0/h=5/p=2

Sorry guys, that link doesn't work.  Please be pateient.

I really should have my tea before I get online in the morning.

Here's a link to the Gould site at the National Library of Canada:

http://www.gould.nlc-bnc.ca/

And here's some of what I found there.

File no. / No du dossier: 32 10 4
Series / Séries: Correspondence, outgoing
Author/composer / Auteur/compositeur: Gould, Glenn
Title / Titre: Rubin, David Steinway & Sons, New York, USA
Contents / Contenu: details re condition of Steinway piano CD 318, mentions
accident and shipping conditions
Date: 1971 Dec 12
Medium / Média: carbon copy
Pages: 2 leaves

File no. / No du dossier: 32 10 12
Series / Séries: Correspondence, outgoing
Author/composer / Auteur/compositeur: Gould, Glenn
Title / Titre: Posen, J. Stephen Minden, Gross..., Toronto
Contents / Contenu: problem re customs import duties for Steinway piano CD
318, mentions Glenn Gould Ltd. shares re income tax
Date: 1971 Dec 29
Medium / Média: carbon copy
Pages: 3 leaves

File no. / No du dossier: 32 12 16
Series / Séries: Correspondence, outgoing
Author/composer / Auteur/compositeur: Gould, Glenn
Title / Titre: Frost, Thomas CBS Records, New York, USA
Universal-Decca contract
Contents / Contenu: detailed comments on current and proposed recording
projects, including Bach French Suites, Schoenberg Lieder, Mozart Sonatas
vols. 4 & 5, and other items in the can, is not anxious to record until CD
318 is repaired, requests CBS write letter recognizing Universal-Decca
contract
Date: 1972 Feb 14
Medium / Média: original typescript
Pages: 2 leaves

File no. / No du dossier: 32 19 5
Series / Séries: Correspondence, outgoing
Author/composer / Auteur/compositeur: Gould, Glenn
Title / Titre: Steinway Long Island City, New York, USA
Contents / Contenu: encloses cheque for moving piano CD 318, comments re
charges for piano
Notes: copy to Jane Friedman
Date: 1973 Jan 20
Medium / Média: carbon copy
Pages: 1 leaf

File no. / No du dossier: 32 19 25
Series / Séries: Correspondence, outgoing
Author/composer / Auteur/compositeur: Gould, Glenn
Title / Titre: Rubin, David Steinway, New York, USA
Contents / Contenu: encloses cheque for purchase of Steinway CD 318 with
comments, requests written assurance re service
Notes: copies to Robert Campbell, Jane Friedman, Henry Steinway
Date: 1973 Feb 14
Medium / Média: carbon copy
Pages: 2 leaves

File no. / No du dossier: 32 25 15
Series / Séries: Correspondence, outgoing
Author/composer / Auteur/compositeur: Gould, Glenn
Title / Titre: Rubin, David Steinway, New York, USA
Contents / Contenu: anticipates Franz's work on piano CD 318 in Mar, will
make arrangements for Eaton Auditorium
Date: 1974 Feb 21
Medium / Média: carbon copy
Pages: 1 leaf

File no. / No du dossier: 32 30 21
Series / Séries: Correspondence, outgoing
Author/composer / Auteur/compositeur: Gould, Glenn
Title / Titre: Cornish, Jan CBC Toronto
Contents / Contenu: has booked CBC's new piano, lists dates 1975 May-Nov
Notes: piano CD 318 in New York
Date: 1975 Apr 27
Medium / Média: carbon copy
Pages: 1 leaf

File no. / No du dossier: 32 32 9
Series / Séries: Correspondence, outgoing
Author/composer / Auteur/compositeur: Gould, Glenn
Title / Titre: Rubin, David Steinway & Sons, New York, USA
Contents / Contenu: requests appraisal for restoration of piano CD 318
Date: 1976 Mar 5
Medium / Média: carbon copy
Pages: 1 leaf