Re: GG: Bach You Can't Live Without / & Stern & Casals

Bradley Lehman ha scritto:

> > >Here's a GG topic that I don't remember seeing before: which GG recordings
> have that magical combination of intensity, poise, and directness that can
> cause tears?
>
> Bradley Lehman
> Dayton VA
> http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl

Yes, I have my moving favorite GG piece  (The Brahms Intermezzi - The Goldberg
Variation of Bach - The Piano Concertos

of  Bach and Beethoven.- The transcription of  Wagner's Siegfried Idyll....)

 But I wish  to support my answer with this reflection : to remember  that Goud
is an Artist who with his amazing brain and

skill, his sensitivity, his devotion at the Music has succeeded  to gift us  more
moving interpretations :  for this reason the

complete GG  recording legacy are passionate, profound and moving.

Is true, each listener can appreciate your favorite piece, according to the own
sensibility, but that preference does'nt diminish

the rest.

Best regards

Valeria Massari