My answer to Birgitte

http://www.salon.com/health/books/2000/07/05/lonely/index.html

>Titled "Can Talking Kill You?" it's a provocative piece

I too am reluctant to dissect the intimate details of his private life.
What draws me to him is a profound interest in the MEANING of his life
and work, since they are but two sides of the same coin. Whether we
discuss his music/essays/radio documentaries/films from a scholarly,
.>that if those people had a better understanding of their condition,
their
>past present and future, then they wouldn't choose make those harmful
>decisions.

>I mean, from what I can tell he never had a significant intimate
>relationship with anyone.   No girl or boyfriend, no wife or
significant
>other.  Never!  Am I the only one who thinks that's strange?  The
question
>is rhetorical, by the way, because I know that most of the world is on
my
>side about this one.

Clearly he wasn?t the type to double air-kiss people upon first

The short retort is that I loved what Valeria wrote in her posting:

>Gould lived alone!
>But I'm not sure that  his only friend was the Music!
>Glenn Gould was a tender and human man.
>His feelings were strong, he has had many friends!
>He was an Artist who has chosen the loneliness, through the loneliness
he
>enriched his gift and us.
>So he has succeeded to be  a friend for many people in the World
>and we are
>his friends

>Bellisimo! Especially the last part.

>Birgitte

Many thanks, Birgitte, for your appreciation and Your agree with my ideas!

Respect to Your answer at Morrison's posting:

Morrison :
>communicated with.  I don't believe we can be friends with a dead man
>(though we might have been when he was alive.)

Birgitte:
>Depends on how you define "friends" and "communicate." Metaphorically
>speaking, we can, as in the communal form of the GG Foundation?s
>"Friends of Glenn Gould." I think many people on the list and members of
>the society, not just Valeria, Kate and I, would agree with that.

My feeling is strong : We can "communicate" and we can are "Friends" of
Glenn Gould.
That is one "spiritual" communion.

But I respect any think of others "Friends"

Best regards

Valeria Massari

P.S. I have read the article titled "Can Talking Kill You?" It is
interesting but my skill with the English Language , at the moment, is not
sufficient for  to support one debacle to such level .  I'm sorry!

Thanks again