Re: GG and his last conducting projects

fellow f minors:

off the top of my head i recall that aside from his lugubrious (his word i believe) recording of the idle he had the (wonderfully fatuous) idea to conduct all the beethoven concerti and then go back and insert the piano parts.  he chose the second concerto with which to begin, and i believe recorded the first and second movements with both orchest and piano.

i don't think he recorded the second movement or the rest of the concerti after his death.

anyhow, its in the friedrich (sp?) book.

a personal note: these two movements r the only recordings of gould's that i don't have; at least i don't think i have them......
if anyone has possession of them, i have lots to take out in trade. {including cds of the nlc streaming real audio....... (actually u can make these for urself if u have a bit of audio/pc savvy) also, i have some great hanson bootlegs.}

if u haven't checked out the nlc site, its awesome; u can start here with the streaming real audio........
http://www.gould.nlc-bnc.ca/ra/real.htm

cordially,

wdw

ps: i think ur post was wonderfully on topic jvrg, and ur site is cool.
---

Wie friedsam treuer Sitten,
getrost in Tat und Werk,
liegt nicht in Deutschlands Mitten
mein lliebes Nurenberg!
--Sachs

This is a bunch of crap!!
I've been licking this carpet for three hours now, and I still don't feel like a lesbian!!
--Cartman

On Sun, 16 Jul 2000 21:46:26   J. Scheuvens wrote:
>Hi f-minors,
>
>Here is one off-topic question:
>
>Who knows more about GG4s interests in conducting in his later life. I think
>I4ve heard it in a german TV-broadcast, that GG has arranged two (?) dates
>in order to conduct Beethovens Corelian and Mendelsohns Sommernachtstraum in
>his last days before he died? Is this correct and wich
>interpretation/recording is recommended to have a good taste ???
>
>thanks for help
>
>Jvrg
>http://home.easysixt.de/scheuvens/index.htm

HotBot - Search smarter.