No subject

PROMONDE@aol.com said:
>If Glenn Gould loved his privacy that much he would
>have stayed  in St. Clair Ave and played the piano
>to himself. But he didn't. He shared, at least that
>much with the rest of us and loved to engage in the
>debate of it all. Which is exactly what we are doing.

Good point, very good point. Sure, at times, it wasn't easy
for him to share his music -- because that meant exposure
to audiences (for part of his life) and critics. But he
still wanted us to hear him.

And the concept of the Gathering being compared to a
"Hollywood gala," or whatever, did boggle the mind.
How often do you see Geoffrey Payzant and Robert Fulton
and Humphrey Burton and the like invited to Hollywood
galas?! Heck, how many people at Hollywood galas have
heard of Glenn Gould? (Tragedy, I know.)

Anne M. Marble