Re: GG:

Hi Theresa,

The faster the world moves, the more we have to explore and develop in our short lives - it keeps our minds from aging. Considering what Glenn Gould produced in his lifetime I can hardly believe he would have enjoyed "things seem the same day by day".

My feeling is that Glenn Gould absolutely embraced change.

Cheers, Nola

memory.  I was disappointed but not saddened by the change in Toronto,
and after the Convention a lady from Vancouver said to me on our way to
the airport, "We are all a relic of our time."  The faster the world
moves, the quicker we age, and fewer things seem the same day by day.
Gould dealt with this by dealing life night by night, when events slowed
down and he was unaffected by the turmoils of the day.  I'm sure that,
like Gould was, we are all anachronistic in some ways, considering the
rapid rate of technology and societal changes.

We are all relics of our time, so guard your health well.  Until the next
convention,

Yours, Theresa Chen (aka. Elisha)

Strong conviction is necessary against prejudice.  The proof: Glenn
Gould. --Nathan Perleman