GG:

Hi f-minoreans,

I fully understand the part regarding treating Gould as a "saint," and I
was very glad that the Convention added doctors/psychologists in the
program.  It just goes to show that he had human problems and was not a
'perfect' human being.  I do not believe that we are a cult and that we
have a religion with Gould as some kind of god, since even in this list
we've had some constructive criticism of Gould's works.

The following paragraph is sort of a tangent from what we've been
discussing.

One of the reason I went to Toronto, aside for the convention, was to
explore the city itself.  I have never been in Toronto before, and my
depiction of the city came from reading Gould's article "Toronto."  I
understood that some of the reminiscence were outdated, for example
Toronto no longer is a Christian city but a city with "mosaic of
cultures."  During the convention I have spoke to a few Canadians
regarding Gould's point-of-view of his birthplace, and all of them agreed
that Toronto is now very different from the one Gould carried in his
memory.  I was disappointed but not saddened by the change in Toronto,
and after the Convention a lady from Vancouver said to me on our way to
the airport, "We are all a relic of our time."  The faster the world
moves, the quicker we age, and fewer things seem the same day by day.
Gould dealt with this by dealing life night by night, when events slowed
down and he was unaffected by the turmoils of the day.  I'm sure that,
like Gould was, we are all anachronistic in some ways, considering the
rapid rate of technology and societal changes.

We are all relics of our time, so guard your health well.  Until the next
convention,

Yours, Theresa Chen (aka. Elisha)

Strong conviction is necessary against prejudice.  The proof: Glenn
Gould. --Nathan Perleman