GG: new addition to the "re: GG" catalog

Hello-

I've been following this list for a while now, and thought some of you might be interested to hear of a new piece of fiction that references Glenn Gould.  It's in the latest issue of GRANTA - just landed in my mailbox this week- and is a short story "Hawk" by Joy Williams.  Sad, disturbing, very affecting, it begins with a laundry list of the bare elements of what a list member called GG's "legend" a few months ago.  It goes on to tell of the author's relationship with a dog (I'm assuming it's autobiographical) that she loves.  There is no trace of sentimentality in the story, instead, and this is the GG context I believe, it is about our mutual inexplicability.  I'll leave off with my review for now, but would be interested to hear what others on this list have to say.

KM