GG: microphone positions

Glenn Amer wrote:

> I noticed whilst watching some films of Glenn Gould, that the microphone for
> the piano is generally on a stand on the floor - facing directly up at the
> soundboard.

Are the microphones under the piano, facing straight up?   The microphonesin the
Goldberg 1981 video seem to be standing on both sides of
the piano facing up at the ceiling (but they are probably omni-directional,
so it probably doesn't matter which way the point).

I find the audio in the Goldbergs to be incredible.  Can someone tell
me if the audio in all of the other Collection videos are stereo or mono?

Mike