Re: banality from the banal - the juxtaposition of rhetoric

paul wrote:

 i must agree with jv...i think the statement that this discourse is banal is banal in itself. i don't think that it is worth getting annoyed though, jv. after all, filmakers, you know what they're like (they rarely make decent films for a start).

VERY CLASSY. GRATUITOUS DENIGRATION. JUST WHAT F_MINOR NEEDS TO SPICE UP THE DISCUSSION. ASIDE FROM THE FACT THAT YOU'VE ALMOST CERTAINLY NEVER SEEN THE GUY'S FILMS, TELL US: JUST WHAT ARE FILM MAKERS LIKE?

you see, the point is this: we are free to talk about whatever we like. i haven't entered the debate myself because i am just not that interested enough in it. but that's my choice. if you don't want to discuss it either then don't bother. but for fuck's sake...let those who do get on with it. or, unsubscribe and do us all a favour. and since i am writing to f-minor - which is something i rarely do (i am a voyeur usually) - i might aswell say something about gould. um, what to say? er, what about that humming? :-)

--
Remove "_nospam" from reply address