Re: GG: Art of Fugue, and 12 tone

>Dear f-minoreans,
>I remember earlier that Kunst der Fuge was the main subject of this list.
> My apology of mentioning it once more.

<snipped for bandwidth>

  At any rate, I had to return the
>KDF to the library and stopped working on it at my mom's request.
>
>Any comments?
>
>Slightly disturbed, Elisha
>

>Strong conviction is capable of destroying any prejudice.  The proof:
>Glenn Gould.
>--Nathan Perelman

I don't remember how old you are, you told us once IIRC, and so I don't
want to start something inappropriate between you and your mother but,

Arnold Schoenberg did say,

"Because if it is art, it is not for all, and if it is for all, it is not
art."

In any case, you'll probably have plenty of time to 'rediscover' the KdF.
We're all continually doing that, and maybe that's why he wrote what he
did.  At age 20, you hear something profound in it and at age 70, you'll
hear something 'profoundly' new in it!

Kind regards,
Jerry