Re: A link

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Valerio Boschi wrote:

> I've just read an interesting NYT article about the release of a new
> CD-ROM that makes possible to play your own performance of Bach's
> Brandenburg concertos changing instruments and tempo.
> This is the link:
> http://www.nytimes.com/library/tech/99/08/cyber/artsatlarge/19artsatlarge.html

Looks interesting.  But isn't this exactly what a MIDI editor can also do?
(I had some fun reinstrumenting the background music in my copy of SimCity
a couple years ago....)

The Art of Fugue would seem an even more likely candidate than the
Brandenburgs for such a project, but then again, the Brandenburgs are more
widely popular.

Bradley Lehman ~ http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl/
Dayton, VA, USA ~ 38.43N+78.98W