GG: Don't forget to confirm your reservations!

If you're going to the Glenn Gould Gathering, don't forget to confirm
your reservations. And when you do make reservations, save that
confirmation number. Just thought I'd mention, because...

I had made my original reservations in March. (Ahem. We believe in
planning ahead.) And I called this weekend to confirm my hotel
reservations. Or rather, my mother called -- she's better at this sort
of thing. (She should've been a travel agent!) Good thing "we" called,
because they couldn't find me! In fact, the first person we talked to
couldn't find the Gathering itself! (How do you lose 300 people?) To
be fair, he was quite helpful -- and he did know who Glenn Gould is!
(By the way, was the Gathering code changed?) Anyway, he wanted my
confirmation number for the original reservation, but I was visiting
my parents, and the number was in my apartment. (Not a penthouse,
sorry.)

At first, the staff couldn't find a new room for me. We tried again
this morning, and thanks again to the helpful staff, I did get a new
room. When I came home later tonight, I found my original confirmation
number and called the hotel. It turned out they had registered me as
Anne Marvel!!! (Love that name. Maybe I should use it as a pen name.)
But I'm keeping the second reservation and canceling the first,
because it's a nicer room.