Re: Glen Gould- Pro vs. Con

Grey tone?  Did GG have a 'grey' tone? and how much of this was his fault,
or under his control?   I don't remember anyone mentioning this before,
even here.

As a pianist, I've heard about this controversy of players' 'tone(s)'.
Rubinstein had great 'tone'(?) or maybe he did a lot of other things
exceptionally well(?), and he usually played in a slower 'manner', overall.

I think that it's mostly imagination (on the part of the listener) due to
marvelously intuitive interpretations on the part of the artist.

My 'tone's' OK.  heh heh

I don't know, and I don't want to start something negative here, maybe
there's something to it,
Jerry