RE: cab conversation (GG on/off the Record)

Dear List,

Thank you very much for your replies to the cab
conversation questions.

Now I understand "Canadian" joking,
the identity of St. Catherines Street,
and some typos.

Just a question left.
As for "Upterville" GG was supposed from,
some people told me it is not "Upterville" but
"Uptergrove".
Yes, I know the real name is Uptergrove,
a town west of Orillia, but GG said "Upterville."
I am wondering why he said "Upterville."
instead of "Uptergrove."
Is/Was it also called "Upterville"?
Did GG (and/or the director of the documentary film)
intend to make the cab conversation with a fictional air?

Regards,

Junichi

P.S.  I am posting further questions on the film.