GG: cab conversation (GG on/off the Record)

Dear all,

Let me ask you some other questions
in "GG *ON* the Record"(Part II).

Here is the conversation with the taxi driver at the beginning of the film;
I quote from the typescript provided by the National Film Board
(comments in brackets are mine):

GG: Say, I don't want to roast you out, but do you think we
could have the window up a little bit, the back one there?
Do you mind?
Taxi Driver: Why?  Don't you feel well?
GG: I'm from Canada.  Up there we're used to having windows
up. . . see.
TD: Oh! Canada!  What kind of a place is Canada?
What kind of a. . . Where are you from Canada?
GG: Well, I don't think you'd have heard of it.  It's some little
village called Upterville.
TD: Upterville [Upperville].
GG: Upterville.
TD: Upti. . . . .
GG: U P T E R V I L L E [but GG pronounces it differently]
TD: Oh! That must be something like we have in the back
wood in the United States called
Hushlush [sic in the typescript, but pronounced probably Hushkush]?
The only real part about it I've ever seen is
what they call. . . now, let me see. . .
Oh! yeah, St. Catherine Street [sic in the typescript].
GG: St. Catherine Street [sic in the typescript], yes.
TD:  That's the shopping area?  Right?
GG:  Yes.  But you can see the same thing by going down
5th Avenue, only ore so, you know.
TD: What do you do at Columbia Records?
GG:  I'm a pianist.
TD:  You're what?
A pianist--musician.
TD:  Oh! I see.  What do you play?  The. . . with the long hair?
Or do you play jazz, or be-bop, or what?
GG:  Aw. . . I'M the long hair variety.
TD:  You're the longhair variety, hey?
GG: Yeah.
TD:  Well then, you must have a beautiful audiens. . .
They must be falling asleep at you.
==
Now questions:

Q1.  Is it true that "Up there we[Canadians]'re used to
having windows up"?  Or is it just joking?

>The only real part about it I've ever seen is
>what they call. . . now, let me see. . .
>Oh! yeah, St. Catherine Street.

Q2.  What does "I've ever seen" mean?
"I've ever heard of"(have some knowledge) or "I've ever been"?

Q3. Is "St. Catherine Street" a mis-dictation of St. Catherines,
the Canadian city near Niagala Fall?

Q4. Was the expression "long hair" for classical musicians
common in those days?  What about nowadays?

Q5. How is the attitude of the cab driver to GG?
Does it sound familiar?  Ceeky?
Just a typical driver in New York?
What about his "Hushkush" comments?  A good humor?

Q6.  If you find any minor mis-dictation, do let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Junichi
Junichi Miyazawa, Tokyo