Re: GG: Humming

>well, i think one has to see the funny side of it... genius, i mean... but
>when ridden of all bad conotations it is a rather nice term, a great
>spirit or somthing like that... kinda like mahatma... and i do have a
>point(here it comes)we should all aspire to be highspirited(sic)! just
>think of mr gould´s own term, "exctacy"(misspelled?)!
>
>andre;(still thinking high(!) of himself)
>
>On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Paul wrote:
>
>> to swallow a genius would require a big mouth...but that can usually be
>> found on a big head.

>> >difficult for u to swallow?

>> this

I don't know how old you are andre, but I admire your zest for
communication.  Don't let anyone tell you that playing the piano isn't the
most difficult thing you'll ever do, and don't let anyone tell you that
playing the piano isn't the most rewarding thing you'll ever start.

Do you know whether sightreading and playing from memory are chiefly right
or left brain activities?  I've always assumed that they were somehow
coming from mostly opposite 'parts' of the brain (in me and in my students).

As for humming or singing while playing I would guess that they also
require more centers of the brain than 'just' playing.  And remember the
human brain can only focus on one 'thing' at a time, regardless of what
you've read about GG.

heh heh,
Jerry