Re: GG: Listener

On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Mary Jo Watts wrote:

> Does anyone have any thoughts about how I might find information about
> CBS marketing strategies re:GG or about the marketing of classical music
> in the 20th century in general?
>
> I'm trying to develop a sort of history of listening to situate GG
> 'historically'.

An ideal person to field this inquiry is Dr. David Breckbill.  His
scholarly field is the history of classical recordings, and he's a regular
annotator for Music & Arts releases.  He also writes for BBC Music
Magazine and the Lincoln Journal Star.

You can try to reach him through Doane College, Crete NE.  Or if that
doesn't pan out for you, I can probably get you his phone number: his
brother-in-law is a college buddy of mine and we have regular e-mail
correspondence.

Bradley Lehman ~ http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl/
Dayton, VA, USA ~ 38.43N+78.98W

"Music must cause fire to flare up from the spirit - and not only
sparks from the clavier...." - Alfred Cortot