RE: GG: Studios, Puppies and Burgers; Oh My!

On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Adam Villani wrote:

> > By next time I will have dug out Andy Kazdin's Bolero-on-the-Moog record
> > for your amusement, plus more of the GG arcana and some even farther out
> > stuff.
> That would be "Everything You Always Wanted to Hear on the Moog*",
> "semi-conducted" by Andrew M. Kasdin and Thomas Z. Shepard (and with great
> cover art by Tomi Ungerer.)
(...)
> I can't quite remember what the other pieces on the album were
(there was
> some of Bizet's "Carmen",)

The unifying theme of the album is: Spanish-flavored music by (mostly)
French composers.

> Last year I went to a Theremin concert/Bob Moog tribute and met Bob Moog. I
> told him about how much I loved that album, and he said, "Oh yeah, that's a
> good one." The aforementioned Moog Cookbook also played, and they were a lot
> of fun.

The first Moog synth ever sold is on display at the University of
Michigan.  The collection also includes the mellotron originally
owned/used by the Bee Gees, and about 2000 other various and sundry
instruments.  (As a graduate research assistant it was my job to catalogue
and make displays of these instruments.)

Bradley Lehman ~ http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl/
Dayton, VA, USA ~ 38.43N+78.98W

"Music must cause fire to flare up from the spirit - and not only
sparks from the clavier...." - Alfred Cortot