Re: GG: Studios, Puppies and Burgers; Oh My!

From: Bradley P Lehman <bpl@umich.edu>
> > PS:  Javachip and Arizona Green Plum rule.
>
> Indeed.  You really got me hooked on that green plum stuff.  But why
do
> they call it Arizona if it's imported from Canada?

And why do they call it Poland Springs if it comes from Maine? Sorry,
I couldn't resist. I had a good laugh when a consumer reporter did a
story about misleading labels, and she went to the trouble of pointing
out that Poland Springs water doesn't come from Poland. Really, now, I
don't think many people were buying it because they thought it came
from Poland! They were buying it because they wanted cool, clear
water.

I like the Green Plum stuff. But actually, I'm a bigger fan of the
vanilla soda and root beer float soda that the "Arizona" Iced Tea
company was making a while back. Unfortunately, they stopped making
it, or at least stopped shipping it to my part of Maryland. Waaah!

Can you imagine what would have happened to Glenn Gould if the Poland
Springs company had gone out of business during his lifetime?

That last sense was my weak attempt at trying to placate all those
people who were going to send out e-mails accusing us of being
off-topic. ;->