Re: GG: Studios, Puppies and Burgers; Oh My!

Bradley P Lehman wrote:

> Kline's Dairy Bar; neon Americana.  Flavors of chocolate, vanilla, and
> weekly special.

The weekly special (choco chip) was really good.

> When we moved the clavichord out of the studio (Rushville Records?
> Rushville Enterprises?  Zatoro Productions?) and back to my living room
> after you left, the temperature/humidity shift took out a string:

Leaf-hopper Labs?  Humidophon Sound?

> By next time I will have dug out Andy Kazdin's Bolero-on-the-Moog record
> for your amusement, plus more of the GG arcana and some even farther out
> stuff.

Now there's a concept whose time has almost come again (a friend of
mine has a project called The Moog Cookbook, where they realize pop music
hits on various vintage keyboards just for the parody of it all).  Actually,
if I hear
*anybody's* rendition of Bolero again within my lifetime, it will probably be too
soon!  But just for the GG connection, Kazdin's would be fun to check out.

> Maybe instead we should do an album on virginal from the Fitzwilliam,
> Mulliner, Ladye Nevell, etc.: some of the Byrd, Farnaby, Sweelinck, more
> Gibbons, more Philips, more Tallis, and other stuff we didn't get around
> to this time.  How 'bout the 30-variation Walsingham by Bull: sort of a
> late 16th C Goldberg?  And that Bull "Ut re mi fa sol la" that goes all
> the way around the circle of fifths and comes out the other side?  We
> could also do something that shows first-hand why F Minor is such a
> special key in meantone temperament.

I'm still partial to the Schoenberg miniatures (if their range would work)
and a bigger set by Debussy.  The results on the Debussy were
a nice surprise (even with the historically inaccurate tuning....F-minors
take note!!)   (8{0}

Of course, the Inventions & Sinfonias are also big faves
of mine;  there's always room for another good-sounding set!

cheers,
jh