Re: GG: Studios, Puppies and Burgers; Oh My!

Bradley P Lehman wrote:

> And as you and I proved recently, sometimes the whole project can be done
> effectively by two people multitasking: one to do all the tech, announce
> takes, drive, listen enthusiastically, and kill flies; the other to do all
> the tuning, performing, composing, and cat maintenance; both to consume
> Javachip, arrowroots, and Arizona iced tea (green with plum); both to
> patronize the local Thai restaurant and the 1947 diner.
>
> [John was here for three days of recording clavichord, and we came out of
> it with enough usable stuff for three CD's worth.  I'll be posting info
> about it soon, as we're starting to seek a publisher for this project.
> Anyone here have contacts to companies?]

Hey, Brad!   Don't forget the ant spray acquisition and deployment (remember,
ants are not *good* conductors, but they're good enough to cause
significant havoc on the inside of a $3k custom mic preamp!).  Also of
note was the need to learn the backroads of Harrisonburg and comingle
effectively with buggies and kids on bikes.  Quite a change from Nashvegas!
Oh, also the local ice-cream hang (I forget the name) for post-Diner
desert binging.

During some of the session breaks, I also had the chance to hear some
of the many Art of Fugue recordings that Bradley has amassed.
Gotta say that my faves are still GG on video from Off The Record and the
Bruno M. films, although there were many interesting moments on the
others (maybe the next project is a complete Art of Fugue?)

cheers,
jh

PS:  Javachip and Arizona Green Plum rule.