Re: GG Loved Animals

>when he died he left half of his money to some animal association.
This is the Toronto Humane Society.  This group is Canada wide rather like the S.P.C.A. in the U.S.A.  They provide temporary shelter for homeless animals until adoptive families can be found.  They also promote spaying and neutering.  They will prosecute animal abusers.  We have a dog and a cat who we got at our local Society.
     I have often wondered why GG's mother was not afraid of dog germs.  It's  a good thing that she wasn't!
     I read in a book that GG had a problem with the fact that his family made their money from making and selling fur coats.  Like Paola, this made me love him all the more.
Anne