Re: GG: The Gathering Breakfast

From: <zqc53@TTACS.TTU.EDU>
To: Etti Naveh <enaveh@bgumail.bgu.ac.il>
Cc: Mary Jo Watts <mwatts@rci.rutgers.edu>;
<f_minor@email.rutgers.edu>
Sent: Friday, July 23, 1999 11:29 AM
Subject: Re: GG: The Gathering Breakfast

> I heard that the breakfast will be downtown, where everyone's
waiting for
> you...downtown....
>
> hehehe
> joseph

Very funny!

To the Petula-challenged among the group, Joseph was quoting from
Petula's most famous song, "Downtown." Petula was one of Glenn's
favorite singers, along with (I'm gonna spell these wrong, I'm sure)
Barbara Streisand and Elizabeth Schwarzkopf. "Downtown" was one of
Glenn's favorite songs, in part because of the deeper meanings he read
into it. (If you have a copy of "The Glenn Gould Reader," there's an
article by Glenn himself on Petula Clark.)

Try this Petula Clark site at:
http://www.geocities.com/Broadway/4016/
You can even vote for your favorite Pet Clark song! Though I really do
like "Downtown," I ended up voting for "Don't Sleep in the Subway."

At the Gathering, we should all gather in Toronto's subway and sing
"Don't Sleep in the Subway" at the tops of our lungs. How long before
they call the Mounties on us? ;->