GG:late nighters, humming, and polyphonic listening

This late night internet talk got me wondering if anyone
here is a work-at-night, sleep-in-the-day person, as
GG was?  I stay up late myself, but I do get to bed
before sunrise.  We know GG would work all night
in the studio, editing for hours, trying to meet deadlines.
Not to mention the late night phone calls.

Working at night can have advantages, the best advantage
is the reduction of interruptions.  But, there is also a sense
of being the only one awake, of being far removed from the
modern, busy daytime world.   Now, with the internet
'open 24 hours', there is always a chat room to visit, a site
to research, or a letter to email.   GG would have loved it.
However, if you're body is not fully adjusted to staying up
all night,  your health can be seriously compromised.

As for GG's humming, not only does it tells us what
voices he likes to emphasize, it also adds a small 3d
effect- that of locating GG audibly by voice.  It's
not as dominant as a vocalist/singer would be, but
it says to the listener "hey! I'm here too! Don't forget
me over here on the keyboard playing the music!".
Can you audiophiles locate GG at the keyboard
audibly in 3d space?  If so, this would give a better
sense of the position of the piano- and this would
be another reason for the clarity of GG's music.
A reason often negleted.  Think so?

As for polyphonic listening- I have often watched TV
and listened to talk radio at the same time, because I
was interested in both and didn't want to miss either!
But I can only do it for a few minutes.  But, I find that
I'm actually shifting focus between the two sources.
And that really, I can't focus on both with eqaul attention.
Can anyone here do that?    I think you either have to
focus on one voice, and 'listen' to the other in the background.
I have to switch focus every 5- 10 seconds, while both
voices are talking. .  If anyone can focus on two or more
talking voices at the exact same time, that is amazing
and unusual.

Mike