Re: GG on CD vs LP

Anne Smith wrote:>     I bought a CD player a year ago and I still cannot believe
the>wonderful improvement over the old vinyls.  I have only bought GG CDs that
I>do not have on LPs.  I am thinking of buying a CD re-writer and transferring>my
LPs onto CDs.  Has anyone tried this?  How is the sound?  Do you still>hear GG's
voice?  I bought two CDs from C.B.C.records and I miss the hum.

I've copied LP's to CD using Adaptec software and it works very good.
I use an Acer CD writer.  I connected my turntable directly to the soundcard
'IN' port.   The results are excellent.  My CD's sound excatly like the LP's.
In fact, I could not tell them apart, they are that close.  Keep in mind that
the CD will not improve the LP's audio quality.  However, I haven't used
the pop removal function as my LP's are in good shape.

If you only want to copy a few LP's to CD, the investment will not be
worth it, just buy the CD's you need.  But if you have a lot of LP's you
want to put on CD, the cost is worth it.  The good news is that
HI-VAL blank CD's are only $1.00 in a pack of 10 (no jewel case).

Do keep in mind that it takes effort and time to copy from LP to
CD- you need lots of disk space to first copy the tracks to a .wav
file, and then the write to CD function is slow, and I can't run
other programs when it's writing.

Mike