Re: comment on competition

On Fri, 9 Jul 1999 15:02:55 +0200 (MET DST), you wrote:

>there is a trend going when talking about mr gould. because of his
>(apparently?) contradictory behaviour, his drug abuse, his many
>idiosyncracies noone appears to take what he says seriously! one always
>says something like "well he said this and that but he was a crook u
>know..."

That's not fair. I did say a lot of his remarks about competition especially in
musical performance were very interesting and valid.

But Gould is totally full of contradictions and its our job to decide which we
can cope with and those which are crazy.

I mean, a person who wears coats, gloves, scarves and wellies in mid summer must
be a little odd ??

Neil
Neil
ICQ  11875525 - AOL IM "imheifetz"