Re: GG: Voyager

Dear all,
>I think we get Gould and Mozart and Faulkner and Pynchon and Theresa
Stratas and >Newton and Paganini and Billie Holiday as special gifts from a
source beyond and >independent of simple molecules.

It would be a comfort to believe this, but by saying this, I believe one
simply underestimates human capabilities. What about certain autistic people
who know phonebooks by heart? Are they a 'gift'? Or -in better words- are
they 'gifted'?
I'd almost say: "Isn't everybody gifted?", but I won't.
As far as I can see, it has everything to do with the fact a specific place
in the brains is more or less developed. Recently they found out that the
"mathematical part" in Albert Einstein's brains was far more developed
compared to other people.

But I admit: Listening to Gould (&Bach!) does sometimes makes me think it's
all too inhuman to be made by human, but then again: such a feeling, or
thought is still a neuro-chemical process after all....

Cheers!

T W,
the Netherlands