Re: GG

At 06:12 PM 10/6/98 +0100, S. Hulme wrote:
>David B. Klein wrote:
>>
>> At 01:37 PM 10/5/98 -0400, Charles McLimans wrote:
>> >Obviously the coward who gives Gould's Bach playing an F minus is afraid to
>> >list his name and e-mail address.  I'm afraid this mislead anonymous person
>> >would be sorely outnumbered by people vehemently opposing his opinion.  I
>> >count myself amongst the latter.
>> >--Charles McLimans, NYC
>> >     Found1@msn.com
>> >
>> My name and e-mail address should be on the header of my post. Check the
>> default settings of your e-mail program to see if it is not showing
>> everything it should.
>>
>> Gould was a charlatan with a personality problem.
>>
>> David Klein
>I'd be interested to know which players (and which parts of their
>playing) you give an A+ to.  I would also be interested to know what it
>was about GG which in your mind categorises him as a charlatan.
>
>Thanks
>
>Angus

Right now, I'm giving an A+ to Malcolm Bilson's Mozart concertos and Emanuel
Ax's recording of Chopin's first concerto on a period piano. You may forward
this to the list, as I've been unsubscribed. Gould called Mozart a bad
composer who lived too long; I think Gould was a bad pianist who lived too long.

Best,

David Klein