Re: GG

No Mr. Klein, please, don't leave this group.
Even though I almost adore Glenn I would like to read more comments such
as yours. You see... I love biodiversity.
To be honest I don't give a damn for HIP. At the light of this century I
wonder what would the virtual Bach would've done. I just have an
independent appreciation for music and I don't care much about fidelity
to composers ORIGINAL intentions (by the way your example with painting
is not rigorous).
I have this feeling that if Glenn would've met J.S., the latter would've
write a blank check, happily.
Utopias aren?t dead, they offer some kind of stimuli, without the
hangover.
Flavio

>Look, I'm coming from a certain aesthetic here. My musical values are
those
>of the historically informed performance ("HIP") movement, for the most
>part. Although HIP contains ample room for individuality, one tries
one's
>best to interpret a composer and his/her music in its historical and
social
>context. This is seen as a kind of social contract, as Christopher
Hogwood