Re: GG: Legacy in Canada

Oh no!!!! not a discussion about Canadian identity.....
How long did you say you have been in the country???? :-)

One clue I could give you is that when Gould died, MacLeans
magazine featured the event with a cover story.
For the benifit of the Yankees, Macleans is like TIME, except
with no CIA mandate (hard to imagine, but try).
I assume that since MacLeans is/was not in business to tow some commie
pinko government
cultural awareness policy there _must_ have been the mass interest in
the story, at least at the time, to warrent a cover story feature.

As for the CBC, how can you question the cultural value of a classical
radio station that does NOT sound like a daytime companion for octo-
generians?  (no offense intended here, as I hope to be lucky enough to
be an octo-generian in 50 years).

Jeff.
                    jdods@swi.com     www.swi.com