RE: keep your eyes on the price

DVD is the new media standard that will eventually
replace all CDs, CD_ROMs, VCRs and Laserdisks.

It is capable of containing more than 2 hrs of high quality
video and audio (highly compressed) + has interactive and random access
abilities.

The audio, which is what interests us here the most, is in
compressed format - either Dolby AC-3 or Mpeg. This, and
the denser surface coding is what enables the high capacities
also for audio.

   Bye,
     Omri.

Omri Tal