tobasco control

Mary-Jo Watts refered to GG's dislike of the
composer->score->performer->listener hierarchy and the question of
control would seem to arise (not without political implications).
Frankly I don't want CBC or Sony to "improve" GG's recordings because
that takes the power of choice away from me. The sooner audio lovers
have algorithms at their disposal to replace the ubiquitous Bass and
Treble pots, or EQ's the better. Doesn't bother me if people modify
originals according to their own tastes (and the more digital tools
available the better) but I really don't trust large corporations to
have my audio tastes in mind when they make "improvements"! IMHO
personal individual control is paramount, but the original material must
be "true".
Stephen Rieck