Historical Documents

Hello GG lovers!
I'm afraid I must express the other point of view on tape hiss, wow,
flutter, and so-called "extraneous noise" in original GG audio
documents. To my mind, any sort of electronic meddling other than
transfer to preserve the original, reduces the historical authenticity
of those original documents.
I would hope that in 2098 when people consider GG's contributions (as
they certainly will) that elements of the original recordings that speak
of the real place and time of their making would be true to those
originals. That means loving the tape hiss and accepting the wow and
flutter because they are an integral important part of the documents.
My opinion is that there is no difference between noise and music
necessarily (also no such thing as Art) and we must be sure that present
day prejudices about sound elements do not corrupt what the future can
appreciate. the future needs to know GG as he was documented -
preferably without the distortion of our present day spoiled audio
expectations.
Stephen Rieck.
PS: would anyone have heard of Andrew Kasdin if not for GG?  YUP!