GG re: Silver Jubilee

Dear Justin and all,

The Silver Jubilee Album, as a form of a set of 2 CD's,
is available only in Japan:

 Glenn Gould: The Silver Jubilee Album
 CBS/Sony (now Sony Music)  46DC5304/5
 price: 4,190 yen (rel. 1989)

"A Glenn Gould Fantasy" is of course included.

Comparing the recent release of the "Italian Bach" album,
you will find the difference of the acoustics in Scarlatti's
and C.P.E. Bach's sonatas:  the acoustics of the sonatas
(and also "So you want to write a fuge?"etc.) are not
echoed, that is, the original sound GG intended.

You might be interested in GG's Little Bach Book,
an anthology of Bach's pieces comppiled by GG himself
in his life time.  This disc is available only in Japan, too:

 Glenn Gould: The Little Bach Book
 Sony Music SRCR2063
 1800 yen (rel.1996)

Last year I bought the albums for some of the list members,
for I did not know any Japanese shops selling CDs to foreign
countries, but now I know an on-line shop named Beltran.

Try asking the shop:

Beltran
belmusic@jsn.justnet.or.jp
http://emall.justnet.or.jp/shop/beltran (site in Japanese)
FAX +81-3-3260-0716

I recommend you to ask the shop directly
either by e-mail or by fax.
They will give you an order form.

Regards,

Junichi